Monday, May 2, 2011

Beginnings No.1 Trujillo Johnston May 2nd

Trujillo Johnston walked down the centre of the street as if through a green tunnel, light reflecting off the damp road. He moved silently though the Connecticut night, noting the perfection of the tree lined street, with trimmed green, oh so green lawns and white fences and the beauty of each and every house.

His feet made no noise, hold it....... there was no noise at all, also no cars in the street, or even parked, but there were street lights and some houses were lit from within and hold it.... again he was in his pyjamas and slippers, and now for the 1st time he noticed he was cold.

I must be dreaming he said to himself, first mentally than out loud - and he heard himself the second time! but unreality swarmed around him. he pinched himself - and it hurt, but then he thought maybe I am dreaming that I pinched myself.

Lets go back home - quickly, (do I really live in Farmington?)  he thought, but his feet kept going forwards and he realised he did not know how to get there, though everything was so familiar.

Suddenly there was an ear-splitting crash and ............

NOW DEAR READERS OVER 2 U!!

As you see, I am no Ernest Hemingway and many of my beginnings could have been written by C.Liche himself, but if just one of them inspires someone to write something marvellous that other people enjoy, I will be an extremely happy man.

So if you like this or any subsequent beginning, as I aim to put up one beginning everyday from now on and you want to finish it as a short story, a novel, a video, film or a play, all I ask is that you tell me that you are going to give it a go, keep me posted as you progress through the comments facility and credit me in the end with "from an idea by Stefan Lubomirski de Vaux"

If you plan on making a play or film, then maybe I can be executive co-producer, as I have successfully done with StageFright the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment